Job Type: Full Time
As part of the Executive Management Team, you will provide leadership and direction to the staff to strenghten the value proposition for Streamlyne, a rapidly growing cloud-based electronic Research Administration (eRA) SaaS provider, located in San Diego, CA. One of the role’s primary responsibilities is to assert and grow Streamlyne’s position as the premier research administration service provider for US-based research universities and private research institutions.
The Vice President of Product Strategy will direct a team of multi-functional Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Specialists. He/she will work very closely with the Product Development team, which enjoys a high degree of influence in all areas of Streamlyne. The successful candidate will also work with the Marketing team to demonstrate and position the Streamlyne software products to research institutions of all types.
The VP of Product Strategy will oversee (at a high level) the efficiency, planning, and execution of Streamlyne product implementations.
The VP of Product Strategy will work together with technical and leadership teams to define the short- and long-term direction and development paths for our product suite.
We offer modules to support Pre-Award, S2S, Award, Subaward, Negotiations, Intellectual Property, IRB, IACUC, IBC, Conflict of Interest, and Export Control. The product is in constant development, and we introduce new capabilities on a regular basis. We will soon launch new products that are unique market offerings and will help to further demonstrate our superiority and competitive advantage.
Culturally, Streamlyne is a fair and caring employer that strives to maintain a positive, solid work environment. As an Executive Management team member, you will be a steward of the Streamlyne culture and work environment.
The following duties align with the responsibilities of the Vice President of Streamlyne Products:
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of business analysts, product SMEs, QA/Testers and related personnel.
- Manage the product lifecycle.
- Evangelize Streamlyne products and participate in public relations activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines. The delivery of conference presentations for relevant groups such as NCURA, SRAI, NORDP at in-person and virtual events is highly desired.
- Lead, define, represent, and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results with the rest of the executive management team.
- Co-own the product roadmap, along with the software development management and communicate with the other members of the Executive Team, Board Members, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing and Sales Team; assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Help define pricing and competitive positioning for each product with the rest of the executive team.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers and attract prospects.
- Monitor the completion of RFP responses and/or coordinate the assignment and management of RFP tasks with teammates.
- Travel to onsite demonstrations as requested (usually with other team members), manage onsite technology, and manage prospect relationships/follow-up if needed and assist the marketing and sales teams.
- Coordinate prospect software trials and serve as point of contact for related communication.
- Provide direction and leadership into scope analysis and solution architecture for contract development as requested.
- Work with the Project Manager to provide direction and resource allocations for the implementation plans.
- Direct or lead classroom or remote sessions to train clients on application functionality.
- Develop training curriculums in areas that differentiate Streamlyne, such as award management.
- Lead onsite or remote analysis sessions with clients to guide them through configuration and customization decisions in alignment with their business requirements.
- Successfully distinguish user requests from true underlying needs.
- Ensure that project artifacts, such as configuration documents, business requirements documents, and functional specifications are created and maintained.
- Align tasks that arise out of client discussions (e.g., configuration, testing, data mapping, documentation, general problem-solving,) with the defined project schedule. This includes identifying, delegating/executing, and tracking the results of tasks.
This Position Requires You To:
- Work at a pace required by a rapidly growing, cloud-based SaaS company.
- Acquire and internalize new information quickly.
- Possess a natural aptitude for software-supported business processes and design, including an appreciation for formal logic and a genuine love of problem-solving.
- Feel comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups of people.
- Coordinate assigned work with other team members, and follow up on delegated items.
- Possess an intrinsic passion to pursue assigned work to the highest personal ability and integrity.
- Be kind, flexible, proactive, and maintain productivity in the face of ambiguity.
- Appreciate a fast-paced environment in which no two days are the same.
- Fit into a group of diverse, highly integrated, highly communicative, fundamentally unpolitical and tightly-knit but geographically dispersed team.
- Proactively analyze personal progress, project progress, potential risk areas, and proactively communicate that analysis to the rest of the executive management.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years of experience as a senior leader in the research administration sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic & creative thinker with the ability to craft go-to-market strategies and campaigns in collaboration with marketing and software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational issues with (portfolio management, risk management, etc.)
- Ability to formulate and implement strategies for products
- Customer-centric mindset with the capability of translating that into the product development process
- Demonstrated history of successful implementation of data-driven processes to turn a vision into an actionable roadmap
- People leader with demonstrated success in leading the product implementation and support teams (BAs, QAs) and mentoring the research, design, and development team.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of the user experience and design
- Ability to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key customers and partners
- Drive product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
First Consideration Will Be Given To Candidates With:
- Hands on experience with Streamlyne or other relevant eRA software.
- Competitive base salary + potential performance bonus.
- Eligibility for stock options based on performance.
- Life Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.