Job Type: Full Time
Streamlyne is a dynamic, fast-growing SaaS company that partners with university research departments and independent research institutions. We are looking for individuals with functional experience in Research Administration and/or Compliance that have been heavily involved in an IT systems implementation.
Streamlyne offers modules to support Pre-Award (including System-to-System proposal submission), Negotiations, Post-Award (including Subaward), IRB, IACUC, IBC, Conflict of Interest, and Export Control. Expertise in multiple areas is highly preferred.
Business Analysts (BAs) at Streamlyne are customer-facing, play many important roles, and have significant impact on the growth of the company and improvement of its products.
A fully-trained member of the BA Team is expected to contribute as follows:
- Complete Request for Proposal (RFP) responses and coordinate the assignment and management of RFP tasks with teammates.
- Execute software demonstrations within your area of expertise and/or coordinate participation from other analysts in demonstrations as required.
- Travel to onsite demonstrations as requested (usually with other team members), manage onsite technology, and manage prospect relationships/follow-up.
- Coordinate prospect software trials and serve as point of contact for related communication.
- Provide input into scope analysis and solution architecture for contract development as requested.
- Travel to industry conferences and events to foster industry relationships and develop leads.
- Lead classroom or remote sessions to train clients on application functionality.
- Lead onsite or remote analysis sessions with clients to guide them through configuration and customization decisions in alignment with their business requirements.
- Successfully distinguish user requests from true underlying needs.
- Create and maintain project artifacts, such as configuration documents, business requirements documents, and functional specifications.
- Identifying, delegating/executing, and tracking the results of tasks that arise out of client discussions, to include configuration tasks, testing tasks, data mapping tasks, documenting tasks, general problem solving, etc., in alignment with a defined project schedule.
Product Development Duties
- Participate in the development of the product roadmap, requirements, and specification documentation.
- Work with development teams to translate product requirements into technical requirements.
- Analyze and critically evaluate industry product information gathered from multiple internal and external sources, reconcile findings, and decompose high-level information into product details for future product improvements.
- Work with quality assurance personnel to ensure product adequately meets all functional needs defined in scope of any given project.
This Position Requires You To:
- Be able to work at a pace required by a rapidly growing, profit-driven Ed Tech business.
- Be driven to acquire and internalize new information quickly.
- Possess a natural aptitude for software-supported business processes and design, to include an appreciation for formal logic and a genuine love of problem-solving.
- Feel comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups of people.
- Coordinate assigned work with other team members and follow up on delegated items.
- Possess an intrinsic passion to pursue assigned work to the highest personal ability and integrity.
- Be kind, flexible, proactive, and able to maintain productivity in the face of ambiguity.
- Appreciate a fast-paced environment in which no two days are the same.
- Fit into a group of highly integrated, highly communicative, fundamentally unpolitical and tightly knit but geographically dispersed team.
- Proactively analyze personal progress, project progress, potential risk areas, and proactively communicate that analysis to management.
- Be effective at working remotely, generally from home, serving primarily East Coast business hours but responsible for Coast-to-Coast time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree or 7 + years’ experience in Business Analysis.
- 5 + years’ experience in Research Administration and/or Compliance.
- Hands on experience with a research administration system.
- Active participation in at least one full-lifecycle implementation project.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience with and/or demonstrated ability in working as part of a geographically dispersed project team.
First Consideration Will Be Given To Candidates With:
- Hands on experience with Streamlyne, Coeus, Cayuse SP, InfoEd or Click Commerce.
- Experience in report writing at the enterprise level.
- SQL literacy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.